Thursday, October 29, 2015

Card #2 this week is Oh Snap!

 When I was younger the Gingerbread Man was my brothers favorite story and I read it to him ALL the time.So  the minute my I saw the "Oh Snap!" Lawn Fawn set I fell in love with it. Not to long after I purchased the set I saw a card done with the Oh Snap set on Lawn Fawns Blog. I was instantly inspired to add my own twist and make this card.






  1. I started with an A2 size card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches) and I decided I want my table cloth to be red and white checker but I wanted some brown showing around the edges to pull everything together.
  2. I cut the brown card stock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" I used a brown to darken the edges all the way around and then glued it to the card.
  3. I cut the red and white checker paper 4" x 5 1/4" 
  4. I used a round 3" x 3" blank ivory colored tag from The Paper Studio and Tim Holtz Broken China and chipped sapphire Distress Ink to ink the ivory tag and make it look more like the edges of a plate.
  5. When I was at Hobby Lobby I found these tiny doilies from Art-c. They already had a tan distressed look to them and worked perfect for what I needed. I used Tim Holtz vintage photo Distress ink to darken the edges and then glued it to the center of my plate.
  6. After I stamped the gingerbread men I used my Big Shot and the coordinating dies from Lawn Fawn to cut my little men out of brown card stock matching the brown I already used as my first layer on the card.
  7. I darkened the edges of my little men with prismacolor pencils and I used the Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Marker for the buttons on their tummy's.
  8. It was a lot of fun playing with the little men to find their spots. Once I figured out how I wanted them to lay I glued them in place and found a spot for the fallen gingerbread man, too.
  9. The Oh snap! was done on a flag I had from an Art-c Thinking of you clear stamp and die set. I used Black embossing powder and adhered it with a piece of foam tape.
  10. I finished the card off with some white metallic cord I had in my stash to wrap it around the top of the card and tied it in a bow.
I hope you find making this card as much fun as I did. I'm looking forward to mailing this one to my brother for the Holidays. I hope you leave me a comment below as to what you think of this card or any other comments you  may have. Thank you for your interest and look forward to having you visit again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment