Monday, May 30, 2016

Rose and Roxy

Hi and Welcome To  another  Outlawz.ning.com  Monday Greetings Challenge. I am proud to be a Guest Designer for the month of May. This week the theme is "Anything Goes." Our Sponsor for the challenge is Cre8tive Hands and Crafty Sentiments. I bought a Die Set from Gina Marie Design Dies awhile back and haven't had time to play with it. I decided since this was an Any Goes Challenge I would give it a try. It is her Window Die Set and its Lovely. It comes with two planters, two shutters and four different things to use as Hinges, or whatever you come up with. Here is the card.


and








I started out by cutting out the window opening. I ran the white cardstock through a brick wall embossing folder. Then I used TH Distress Ink to pain the Bricks. I used Walnut, Rusty Hinge and Pumice. Once that was dry I adhered the window frame to the brick. I used Ellen Hutson Spring Flower Die Sets to make the Lily's of the Valley's and Tulip's. Before I glued them on I used a piece of foam tape across the bottom of the window frame so it popped out. Then I laid the flowers across the foam Tape. The flower box is glued on top of the flowers.

Now it was time to color the image. I used Prisma Colored Pencils and adhered it to my A2 Card front. I taped two pieces of foam together and glued it down so the wall had dimension and depth from the image. I should've used a bigger card base so I could've put shutters on, but I didn't relize it until I was almost done. I guess I will have to make another one. I was looking at it and the one shutters could be used as a trellis I think??? Something for me to try... :) Stay tuned for future projects with this Die set.

No comments:

Post a Comment