Friday, January 29, 2016

Beer Can Appreciation Day


Hello Everyone and Welcome to the Outlawz.ning.com Festive Fridays Challenge. We have four fabulous Holidays to inspire our cards this week and I'm so excited to see all of your cards and projects. Here are the Holidays topics for this weeks Challenge Beer Can Appreciation DayBubble Wrap Appreciation DayIrish coffee Day, chocolate Cake Day. Don't These sound like fun!?! I have a new technique to talk about today. I chose to honor Beer Can Appreciation Day with my card. Here is my card.

  • I started out by carefully removing the top and bottom of two Beer Cans ( you can use soda cans also). I just used a kitchen shears to cut the tin. I then cut down the long side of the can so you have a rectangle of tin. Then I wiped the sticky off the inside and bent the can.
  • You will need to manipulate your tin a little bit so it will lay flat. I used my A2 size Rectangle Die set and ran the tin through my big shot. You set it up the same way you do paper and need to tape the die in place.
  • I used my second can with my Doily Heart Die and ran it through my machine. Its intricate so you  need to be careful removing the pieces so you don't get cut. I placed a bounce under my can before I ran it through. It helps to catch all the little pieces.
  • I used Powder Puff Chalk Ink to color the rectangle green and the heart red. You can use any type of paint, ink or media to color the tin. FYI...some cans already have beautiful colors and don't need to be painted. 
  • I added the Cheers sticker, beer mug along with my letters and number 2 to create my Sentiment "Cheers 2 beer cans" My finished card is 5" x 7".
I have used this technique with all my dies. It works beautifully and can really give your projects a different look. It's super pretty with butterfly dies and Colorbox Ink looks awesome. Just play with it and see what comes you may just discover you like it :) Let me know what you make and how it all turns out. Post your cards in the Outlawz Challenges, Google+ or even FB so we can see what you create. ~HUGZ~


No comments:

Post a Comment