Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Isabella to the Moon and back

Hello Everyone! How are you today? I'm wondering how everyone handles a mistake on a card. Do you scrap the whole thing and start over? Do you spend time trying to change your layout so you can cover it up somehow? Do you repair it to the best of your ability and hope nobody notices. I struggle with this because my OCD wants to scrap it and start over but the amount of time I have and all the projects I need to get done never allow me the time to do that. I find myself spending a lot of time trying to fix my mistakes...I think this actually takes longer than if I would just scrap it and start over sometimes. Well, I made an error with the card I made today. I spent a lot of time repairing it and I often wonder if anyone can even tell there was an oops...Here's the card I did let me know if you can spot my oops. I'm not sure I repaired it very well..Hahaha

The image is one I received as a prize on an Outlawz.ning.com Challenge in November. She is from A & T Digi's Emerald Fairies and her name is Isabella. Isn't she precious!?!
The Moon and sentiment are from Stamprints Designs.

  • I started with Isabella on a 4" x 6" water color paper. I erased the image so the Ink from my printer wouldn't smear. This is a great trick and works every time to remove the ink that is sitting on the paper and it prevents smearing with several types of media.
  • I water colored the image and then I used Stormy Sky Distress ink to do the clouds. I wanted to give a evening feel to the card.
  • Then I added the moon and sentiment along with some enamel dots to give the card a little detail. Of course, I had to add Stickles to the wings, too.
I did these clouds yesterday on a card I posted and they just seemed to fit this little image so well that I did them again. I love your comments so please visit the box below and don't forget to leave your blog address so I can follow you in return. It's fun to be inspired by other's and I love seeing what your doing to. Hugz Everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment