Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hand Made With Love

Hello Everyone and Welcome. Do you have other hobbies besides card making and scrapbooking? I think most of us in the creative world have multiple talents and work on several things at the same time. I know I do. I crochet, quill, embroider, quilt, scrapbook, paint and garden. I like to use the things I make as gifts. All of my seven Grandchildren have a blanket, or quilt, that I have made for them. I tend to give most of what I make away and I have very few things that I have kept for myself. When I was shopping at Hobby Lobby I came across a stamp set. It was only $1 and it fit perfect for cards when I give the things I make as gifts. Here is my card.

  • I wanted a quilted look to the card so I stamped each image on small pieces of card stock and then I used two TH Distress Ink colors and inked each one with a different combination of colors.
  • Once they were dry and ready I had to lay them out and make all the cuts needed to give it the quilted look while staying A2 size.
  • I had the purple trim with the buttons in my stash so I placed each piece and cut them to the sizes I needed to fit the quilting.
  • The button is from my stash and I ran some cotton thread through to make a bow.
Isn't this little set awesome!?! I picked up the "Hand Made With Love" stamp at Michael's it was in their $1 rack. I just knew it would work perfectly and it did. I love making finds like these. Making the card feels so rewarding knowing I only have a couple dollars invested in it and it looks like I spent a lot more on the set. I hope you have finds like these once in awhile, too. I hope you have a safe, warm and blessed day.

I plan on entering this in the following challenges:


No comments:

Post a Comment