Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Mosaic Heart for Valentines


Have you ever had an idea that you just didn't quite think through all the way? I did when I thought of the design for this card. I bought a Die Doily heart from Sizzix and thought it would be really neat to do an inlay technique with different shades of pink.....here's what I did :/


I started out cutting using the die with several different shades of pink. At this point I'm still very excited about the card. I have all the cut out pieces in a pile ( here's my mistake). As you can probably already tell, I'm off to a rough start. LOL

I decided I wanted the heart red and the base of the card white with a red outline. So I glued my papers and the red heart down. When it was time to replace all the cut outs I realized that I should've kept the colors separate. I struggled most the afternoon to find the pieces I needed. I refused to give up on this project, because I just knew it would look awesome when it was done..haha here is the finished card. I added Jems for some sparkle. and stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card. This card is being mailed so I kept it flat.



I am happy with how it turned out. I think it will be a while before I do another one. I do know that I will keep the colors separate next time. It would be fun to hear from you as to what project you did that this happened to you. We learn not only from our own mistakes but also from others. Leave your comments in the box below and share your story with all of us. Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment