Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Owl We need is each other #176


CHALLENGE #176



Hello and welcome everyone. Today is my first post as a member of the Design Team at Addicted To Stamps and More. 

Our Sponsor this week is
Prize is a $10 gift certificate

I'm so excited to have this opportunity to work with all the Designers here and to share my cards with all of you. Today's challenge is Anything Goes. My card today is a reflection of love and friendship and how you can find these in the most unexpected people in our lives. Here is my card.
  • To start I used the "Going to be owl-right" stamp set from www.unitystampco.com
  • I used water colors to paint him and I cut the sheet to an A2 size card and adhered it to the card base.
  • I used a Scalloped Square Die to cut the window out of the white card stock. 
  • After I made the window opening I used the dot embossing folder for some dimension and detail.
  • I glued 2 pieces of craft foam together. They are cut slightly smaller then the card size. I made the window opening slightly larger then the scalloped square opening.
  • I adhered all the pieces together and fussy cut a heart shape that I stamped the sentiment onto.
  • I decided to use white embossing powder on the sentiment for a bit of pop and added a Jem on the heart.

To me this stamp is trying to say that sometimes the people you love or whom you are closest to isn't exactly the same as you but if you give it a chance it works out. It seems like a simple concept but sometimes we go by how someone looks or what they do and we don't try to make a connection with them. I encourage you to get to know people before you make an opinion. You never know what can, or will, happen. I hope you have a great day! 

I plan on entering this card in the following challenges:
http://www.theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment