Saturday, January 23, 2016

Cinderella

Good Morning Everyone. How are you doing? I suppose a lot of people are getting ready for their winter vacations about now. I on the other hand am getting wound up to do several cards in the next few months that will show you how to stretch your supplies and have a larger amount of options available to you. Today I made a card that is a cut using a die set that I have.

The Theme at the Outlawz.ning.com Paper a la mode is to make a 
different shaped card (other than A2). Our sponsor for this challenge is

Here is my card

I plan on entering this in the following challenges:
word art wednesday
sunday stamps
lil patch of crafty friends
aliciabel challenge blog

  • I started out with a standard A2 Card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") and I set my die so that the left edge was hanging over the card fold. By doing this the fold stays in tacked. 
  • I used Prisma Color Pencils on my image and cut the image with the same set of dies.
  • She needed some sprucing up so I used the same set of dies to make a pink and a blue frame for her.
  • All that was left was to carefully adhere each piece to the card. 
  • I added a bow and some Jems for a little detail and the card is done.
Your Die sets can do so many things. When I first get a new set I take my scrap paper and play with them to get an idea of how I can use them.Some dies are very detailed almost like a screen or an overlay but...if you started to play with them you can cut pieces off and even use them to make different types of cards. If you have time someday sit down and just play with them with no card goal in mind. See what you come up with. It's fun and a great way to think outside the box. Happy Crafting Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment