Tuesday, March 15, 2016

National Craft Month

Hello Everyone! It is National Craft Month and today Right At Home is having a Blog Hop and Challenge to celebrate. You can find the Blog Hop and Challenge through the link above. It's funny everyone crafts for different reasons. I have crafted all of my life and love many types of crafts. I started around 5 yrs old. My Nana taught me how to crochet. I was thrilled that I could make something beautiful with my hands. My love for crafting grew from there. Some of you are new to crafting and just learning the way crafts can become so satisfying and addicting. I craft to satisfy an intense urge to create, to share what I have learned with others and to work through a certain amount of daily pain. Why do you craft? What got you started? I Hope through my crafting that you become inspired and learn new things. If you ever have questions, opinions or idea's I want to hear them! I love to see everyone getting involved and working together. This is a place that I want you to feel comfortable. Here is my card for the Right at Home Challenge. I tried a new technique so be gentle :)

  1. I started with a piece of water color paper cut to 4" x 5 1/4". I decided were I wanted my flowers to be on my card and then water color painted spots of paint in those locations.
  2. Once it was dry I took the flower stamp and stamped it on top of the spots with embossing ink. 
  3. I used a clear embossing powder. Then I used my heat gun to set the powder.
  4. The next step is to take black ink and cover the entire piece. Once your satisfied with it, take a rag and rub the black ink off the embossing areas. Isn't Pretty!?!
  5. I used a Heidi Swapp Thank you Die and cut the sentiment from the inside of a tin can. 
    1. You can use any type of can...beer, soda, red bull...cut the top and bottom off the can.
    2. Cut down the length of the can and flatten it open. 
    3. Tape your die into place and run it through your machine.
  6. I used the inside because I didn't want the can color but you can do whatever. You could also add ink, or paint, to it so it fits with what your doing. (Try this with other dies. The results are stunning)
  7. I glued my sentiment to my piece, added a couple of hearts and adhered it to the front of a pink A2 card.
I love how this turned out. It's gorgeous and fun! I can't wait to hear what you think. Thank you for stopping by. Have a blessed day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment