Wednesday, February 24, 2016

It's a Mug of Love

Hello Everyone and Welcome, How is you Wednesday going so far? I have had one of those days were you feel like your wheels are spinning but getting you nowhere. I've been busy all day but just haven't accomplished much. I think everyone has those days. It's been gloomy and dreary here and that might have something to do with it. I can't help but think about all the people in the Tornado paths. I have stopped what I was doing a couple times now and said prays for all of them. I was thinking...if I could be there and do one thing for them what would it be??? Since, I don't have a lot of money it would have to be affordable for me. Then I thought what was the one thing I needed when the electric was out in our neighborhood. I had decided I would do a card today that would show what I would do...and then it came to me. The one thing that we ALL complained about when the electric was out and we were cleaning up after storms was that we couldn't make coffee.  That's what I would do if I were there. I would make sure everyone had enough coffee to get through their day. It just so happened I had a Digi from Faeryink that was perfect for this card. It was a freebie for signing up for their email list.
Here is my card:
  • I erased the extra ink after I printed her and then water color painted the image.
  • I used a Martha Stewart edge trim on blue card stock and adhered it to the edge of the image.
  • I used the same blue cardstock and a Memory Box Calis Butterfly Die to cut out the butterfly's.
  • I used the Spellbinder Bitty Blossoms Die Set to cut out the flowers. After I rolled them I brushed Red Puff Chalk Ink to the edges for a little color. 
  • I adhered everything to a 6" x 6" card base. The patterned paper is from my stash.
I hope you've enjoyed my card today. If you are in the area of the storms and you see someone doing some clean up could you consider bringing them some coffee. I know it sounds silly but it would mean the world to them. I love reading your comments and questions so feel free to visit the box below. I hope the rest of your week is safe, warm and healthy. Hugz

I will be entering this in the following Challenges:
lemon shortbread challenge
Simon says Wednesday challenge
word art Wednesday
Through The Craft Room Door
cre8tive hands friends






No comments:

Post a Comment