Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Violet Rose



Hi, today I am very excited to show you my project! I am doing a GDT for Through The Craft Room Door for the Anything Goes Blog Challenge. 



The sponsor for this Challenge is:

Make sure to stop by Through The Craft Room Door and see the Design Teams Creations. Your sure to find some inspiration from all the beautiful projects. I can't wait to see what you link up and create!! I was given a gorgeous image and enjoyed making my card.


  1. I used an A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") card for this project. After Printing the Digi I erased the extra ink from the image. This prevents the ink from my printer from smearing.
  2. I watercolor painted the image and used Canson 98 lb watercolor paper
  3. I used TH Distress inks to watercolor the image. 
    1. Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint 
  4. I colored all of the edges with a Wilted Violet TH Distress Marker.
  5. I used the TH (small) water brush and a Royal Crafters Choice Grip #1 Brush to paint the image.
  6. The Ribbon, rose button and Jems I used for detail are from my stash.
  7. I used the Stitched Rectangles Die set from http://wholesalecraftingsupplies.com Gina Marie Designs Dies http://wholesalecraftingsupplies.com/products/stitched-rectangles-dies-gina-marie-design-dies to cut the image and both layers of solid colored paper.
  8. The sentiment is part of the "Life is better" stamp set from Unity Stamp Company and designed by Phyllis Harris.
  9. I used recollections Black Embossing Powder so that the sentiment would be more noticeable.
The image has so much detail and is so beautiful that it was a lot of fun to do. The images from Morgan's Art Stamps are unbelievably beautiful. The detail in the images is amazing. I hope you get a chance to stop by her shop and take a look around. I appreciate your stopping by and checking out my blog. Your comments mean so much to me. It is so much fun getting to know all of you. Have a safe and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment