Thursday, February 4, 2016

Your Age is Our Secret

I was wondering today how many people try to ignore a birthday because they hate getting older? I was also wondering how many people hide how old they really are and tell everyone they are younger? In today's society its frowned upon to be "older." The focus is young, sleek and sexy so does that encourage more people to hide their age? Everywhere you look the media is bombarding us with how we can be thinner, look younger, feel younger and have more energy. It's like everyone is trying to make time stand still. Age is the natural progression of our bodies but yet we resist it, loathe it, hate it. With all of this on my mind this morning it inspired me to make a birthday card reflecting the resistance of age....here's my card.

  • This is an A2 size card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") I started out with the monkey's stamp. It's from Stampabilities it's called 3 Wise Monkey's. I purchased it at Hobby Lobby and I stamped it with Lawn Fawn Black Licorice Ink.
  • I used Prisma Colored Pencils to color the image and then used a die set from Gina Marie Designs for both layers.
  • The sentiment is Happy Messages from Stampendous. I used WOW white embossing powder so it would stand out against the dark background.
  • The hat and bowl of chips are buttons from my stash.
I used a little bit of humor on the card...couldn't help it. I just adore the stamp and thought it was perfect for this card. I kept the embellishments really simple because I want the image to be the focus. I hope you enjoy my card and it inspires you to run to your craft room and whip up something fun and playful! Hugz


No comments:

Post a Comment