Sunday, February 28, 2016

Summer Sunshine and laughter

Hello Everyone and Welcome, Today it is 58 degrees here in central Minnesota. It's the end of February and usually pretty cold so you can imagine how happy we all are. I have a window in front of my desk in my craft room and I love to look and see what the birds are doing while I craft. Today its not the birds its the neighborhood. We haven't had people outside since October and everywhere you look somebody is outside cleaning out their cars, playing with their kids and just enjoying the day. It's so exhilarating! We are going to a friends later for a recreational fire and I'm so excited. All of this had me thinking of a nice calm day in the summer where you can hang out at the lake and relax. It inspired me to try and create a card to reflect my feelings. I tried several times to get just what I wanted and I'm happy with the results. What do you think?
  • I started with a piece of white card stock 4" x 5 1/4".
  • I used TH Distress Ink to create most of the scene:
    • Sky
      • Scattered Straw and Wild Honey
    • Land
      • Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy, Mowed Lawn and Pealed Paint
    • water
      • Salty ocean and white gel pen
  • I used a mini ink blender to do the sky and then I took the blending sponge and folded it and put the land pieces in trying to create a texture and sand bar look.
  • When I got the land the way I wanted it I took the blending sponge and dabbed a couple of spots of Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint just for depth and texture. I kept this to a minimum because I was also going to include the blades of grass.
  • After I finished the land I used the mini ink blender to create the water and went over the edges of land to give it a sandy edge look. It gave the water a little bit more depth.
  • I used the Meadow Stamp set from Inkadinkado and Marvy Brush Markers to create the grass, flowers and Butterflies.
I stayed with a one layer card for this project. I felt like that's all it needed. I Hope you like my project today. I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments so feel free to leave them in the box below. Have a blessed day. HUGZ

 I will be adding this to the following challenges:
can you case it
the daily marker


No comments:

Post a Comment