Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Birthday Butterflies

I have several craft supply sights that I check on a regular basis. I'm always looking at what is on sale, clearance or on a special deal. I'm sure I'm not alone and many of us do this. Every once in a while you come across a sale that knocks your socks off. I found several deals on Whimsystamps.com a couple of weeks ago. Here is one of the stamps I found for under $2! It's just precious.

The stamp is called "Butterfly Friends."
I used my water color paints to color the image.
Once it was dry I used stickles on the Butterflies and the center of the flowers.
The image is adhered to a background done with a Darice "Clouds" embossing folder.
I used a make-up sponge and white pigment ink to soften the blue paper around the clouds.
The ribbon is from my stock. I added a butterfly button and the heart brad for detail.

This image might just become one of my favorites. My Granddaughter has her 2nd Birthday coming up this month. She LOVES Butterflies and I think I'm going to give this card to her. I tried to keep the embelishments simple so there wasn't a chocking hazard... I think she will love this card.

1 comment: