Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Joy to the World!

Hello everybody, I'm so excited about the up coming week and the cards I have for you. I hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving with their Families. I had a fantastic weekend with family and friends. I even managed to do some Cyber Monday shopping...for more card supplies of course. Yay!
Today I have a simple card that doesn't need a lot of supplies to make. Here's my card.

I will be using this card in the following posts:
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/monday-greetings/forum/topics/monday-greetings-challenge-november-30th-anything-goes



  • To do this card I used The Regal Label Set from Sizzix. You can use any Die set to do this technique.
  • I cut the base of my card 5 1/4" x 10" and then I scored it at 5" to form the card base.
  • Next I took the largest Die and placed it on top of the card base. This is where you have to be careful. You need to leave the Die hang of the folded card edge so as not to cut the entire fold. See the picture below for an example.



  • Once, I had the base made I moved onto cutting the rest of the pieces with the same Die set and adhered them to the front of the card.
  • The sentiment is "Joy to the World" stamp from Unity Stamp Company. I used Red Tinsel heat embossing powder from Recollections for the sentiment. 
  • I didn't need to add much for detail. The three sequins is all it needed and the card is done.



I really enjoyed doing this card. The stamp and red tinsel embossing was my inspiration. The embossing powder is so pretty and really makes a statement all on its own. I would love to see how you use some of your dies sets to make different shape cards. Leave me a link or address so I can visit your blogs and see what you have been making. Thank you so much for stopping by. I truly appreciate all of your comments so feel free to let me know what you think. ~HUGZ~

No comments:

Post a Comment