Thursday, December 3, 2015

Spreading the Joy

Hello Everyone! I'm so glad you have stopped by. How are you doing? Have you found time to craft your items for the Holiday's yet? You can always tell the Holidays are just around the corner by how much heavier the traffic is. I live in a small town and even here the traffic flow has more then doubled. I did a card today with a Holiday theme. I have seen a lot of people out buying their trees and traveling home with them the past few days and it motivated me to make this card. The stamp set I'm using today is "Old Traditions" from Unity Stamp Company.

I plan on using this card in the following Challenges:
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.de/
http://www.theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-for-december-3-9-optional-twist-a

I had to stamp the truck and fussy cut it out so I could use it as a mask. I placed the mask where I planned on putting the truck on my water color paper.
Now I started on the Birch tree background.
Once I had the background finished I stamped the truck onto my paper and did the water coloring on it.
The sentiment came with the stamp set and I used green card stock to make the flag. The flag has foam tape behind it for added dimension.
I added some stickles for falling snowflakes fo the final touch.
I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink To Do the background. Here is a list of the colors I used.

For the sky:
Chipped Sapphire
Salty Ocean
Dusty Concord

For the tree's and shadows:
Pumice Stone
Hickory smoke

For the road:
Tea Dye
Vintage Photo
Walnut Stain

The sun:
Scattered straw

For the water coloring I used Tim Hotlz Distress Markers. Here is a list of the colors I used.

The Tree:
Pine needles
Peeled Paint
Mowed Lawn

The Truck:
Blueprint Sketch
Faded Jeans
Tumbled Glass
Weathered Wood

The Tires:
Pumice Stone 
Hickory Smoke
Black

The Ribbon:
Barn Door


I know it seems like a lot of work to make this card but it wasn't. The background with the trees is very easy to do and water coloring the rest is just plain fun! I'm happy with the end results and I hope you enjoyed this card, too. Please remember to leave a comment in the box below letting me know what you think about the card. Also, I'm here if you have any questions. I'm more than happy to help. ~HUGZ~

No comments:

Post a Comment