Thursday, December 17, 2015

Let Your Heart Take Flight

Welcome Everyone! I am so happy that you have stopped by today. As Christmas is only 8 days away I am sure all of you are very busy trying to do last minute shopping, wrapping and Holiday Parties. It's now more then any other time of the year that you need to schedule in some crafting each day. Crafting lowers your blood pressure, your stress level and relax's you. Every minute counts even if its only ten minutes, so happy crafting friends! I made a card today for someone very special to me, my Sister. She is in a new relationship and very happy. I just wanted her to know I'm happy for her. Here's the card:
I plan on using this card in the following Challenges:
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-for-december-17-23-optional-twist



  • I used the A2 size rectangle die to make the base for my card.
  • I started out with a piece of A2 size white card stock and used my Tim Holtz Distress Mini Inks to make my background. I used Picked Raspberries, Shaded Lilac, Salty Ocean and Festive berries.
  • The Purple frame was made using the two largest A2 rectangle dies.
  • The Bird cages are from The Crafter's Work Shop Stencil. I used a Metallic Gel Pen to trace the stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Marker's for the birds.
  • The Sentiment is from Unity Stamp Company. The WOW embossing powder really pops on the velum. I used Festive Berries Distress Ink behind the word "Heart" to give it a bit of detail.
  • I added heart shape sequins scattered about and then tied my floss at the score of the card.
This was such a fun card to make. I love using the Distress Inks like this. It always amazes me how nice it looks when your done rubbing all of the colors around the paper. I look forward to reading your comments so please remember to leave your comments, idea's and questions below. I hope you have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment