Thursday, December 24, 2015

Relaxing with a Good Book

Merry Christmas Eve to all of those who Celebrate. Welcome! Today I was thinking about snowmen and how we used to have a yard full when our children were young.I would sit inside and watch them building the snowman's body while I read a good book. I would pause and take a peek at the progress and ggigle because they would be horsing around or having a snow ball fight. It's funny, everyone always said enjoy them while you can. I never understood what they were talking about until recently. My 3 kids are fully grown and have children of their own now and I tell them enjoy them while you can...I made this card in memory of those days.
I will be entering this in the following challenges:
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-for-december-24-december-30-optional
http://simplypapercraftsforalloccassions.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge

  • I used my rectangle Dies to cut the window frame out of wood patterned paper. 
  • I used a hill Die from Lawn Fawn to form the hill the snowmen are on and the dot embossing folder for the sky.
  • I had the snowmen, the pine cones and the tree's in my stash from last year.
  • I stamped the "Part of the Story" stamp from Unity Stamp Company and I water colored her before fussy cutting her out.
  • I added the Baby its cold outside to the book cover just for fun.
  • After that was all done I added Stickles to the page to represent snow flakes.
I'm sure we all think about things in our past and it will bring a flood of feelings and emotion. I love sharing these events. They inspire me to craft and create. I find inspiration in almost everything I see. Try and look at things today and see if you can find something that is inspiring. It's out there just waiting for you to discover it. Have a blessed, safe and happy Holiday!




No comments:

Post a Comment