Monday, December 7, 2015

It's Not What We Have In Life....

Welcome Visitors, Followers, Family, Friends and Crafters. Its such an honor to have you here visiting with me. I enjoy sharing my cards and inspiring others. If you have a blog that you would like us to visit please leave the address in the comment box below. I enjoy visiting others and seeing what all of your are doing is so much fun! Today I have a card that was a bit of a challenge at first. I had to step out of my box and use 3 patterns. I love patterns but I don't use many at one time. I'm always afraid of putting to much on the card and then the meaning of the card gets lost in all the clutter. I did this card for the Outlawz Monday Challenge, Here is the address
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/monday-greetings/forum/topics/monday-greetings-challenge-december-7th-3-patterned-papers-1-die
I encourage you to check them out. The group is amazing. The people are super friendly and I just love playing along with them. I'm glad I did this card to my surprise it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! Here is the card :)


I started out with the striped paper as my card base.
I cut the tan paper 3/4" smaller and adhered it to my card.
The stamp is "Going to be Owl-right" stamp from Unity Stamp Company. 
I water colored him using Tim Holtz Distress Markers.
The Die is a Tag Die from Sizzix, 
I used brown brads to secure him to the leaf paper.
For some detail I added Stickles on the hearts and the owls eyes.

At first I was so overwhelmed thinking about using 3 designs but once I chose my patterns it all just fell into place. Now I know I can do it and the card won't be to busy or cluttered. It's good to step out of your comfort zone and try something different. That's why I enjoy the challenges so much. Thank you again for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your blog addresses in the comment box below so I can visit you! ~HUGZ~

No comments:

Post a Comment