Saturday, December 5, 2015

Peace for the Holiday's

Do you set a Holiday tree up at this time of year? For most of us its a Holiday Tradition. Do you have
yours set-up yet? I put ours up last Monday. When my Children still lived at home it was an all day event. We used to start our day with brunch and end the day when the tree was finished and I read them "The Night Before Christmas." This year it took me most the day and it seemed harder for me then in years passed. I'm glad its up and I get a sense of Peace looking at it and thinking about all it stands for. I made a card with this in mind today.

  • I started with a 4" x 5 1/4" of white card stock, a Darice embossing folder and Evergreen Powder Puff Chalk Ink.
  • I rubbed the chalk ink on the flat side of the embossing folder and ran it through my Big Kick.
  • I decorated the tree with Jems and sequins.
  • I used WOW white embossing powder on velum for the sentiment. I wrapped the velum around the card front and adhered it in the back.
  • I then cut green card stock for my 4 1/3" x 5 1/2" card and adhered the embossed paper to it.
  • I finished the card by adding some string to the fold of the card and a few Jems to the velum
This was a quick and easy card to make. You could make this when you are in a pinch for time and need a quick card. It looks like you spent a lot of time on it :) I make cards on the go at times and this always works out so nice. I thank you for stopping today. Don't forget to follow my blog and please leave a comment before you leave. I appreciate them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment