Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Older than Dirt

Welcome Followers, Family and Friends. I'm so happy that all of you stopped by. I'm getting ready for my future Sister-in-Law's birthday today. Her birthday is Saturday and I made a card that is fun and has a touch of humor to it. She is a lot of fun and we can always count on her to make sure the Family gets together each week. Even if its just for Sunday football. I'm sure this weekend we will be celebrating her. I used the "Nancy Girl" stamp from Unity Stamp Company to make her card.


I plan on enter this card in the following Challenges:
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/monday-greetings/forum/topics/monday-greetings-challenge-november-30th-anything-goes
http://www.theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/

  • I started out with a 5" x 7" card base and cut my Denim print paper 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".
  • I used a round corner punch on the card base and the denim print paper. I adhered the paper to the card front.
  • The "Older than Dirt" is part of the LOL Stamps set. After I stamped it on white card stock I cut it out and adhered it to the top of the card.
  • I stamped the "Nancy Girl" Stamp on water color card stock and water colored her in using Tim Holtz Distress Markers.
  • Once she was dry I was able to use the corner punch and run Barn Door Ink around the edges.
  • I set her to the right of the card and added a bottle to rest on her palm.
  • The "Keep Calm" stamp is also part of the LOL set. It was stamped onto the paper and I used WOW white embossing powder to make it pop.
  • I used the regal Dies set from sizzix to make the tag. The background is white card stock with Barn Door Distress Ink.
  • On the inside of the card I used another sentient from the LOL set. It says "Happy Birthday(I'm still Younger than You)." I just love the humor of this set!
  • To finish the card off I added Jems in random spots throughout the card.
Do you have Family or Friends with Birthdays this month? December Birthdays are sometimes forgotten because of the Holidays. I try to make the Birthdays special in small ways. A handmade card is a wonderful way to let them know you love them and they are special on their Birthday. I'm looking forward to reading your comments in the boxes below! Please subscribe to my Blog. I promise you won't be disappointed! Thank you for stopping and have a Fantabulous day!





No comments:

Post a Comment