Saturday, November 28, 2015

Do You Need A Tissue?

Hello Everyone! I hope this finds everyone safe, happy and healthy after the craziness of Black Friday. I wonder is America the only Country that has Black Friday Sales Events? With the Cold and Flu Season upon us I thought I might need to get a few cards ready. I came across a Get Well card and thought it was SO cute I had to make one and share it with you here is the address from the inspiration card. http://confessionsofapaperholic.blogspot.com/2013/10/jas-challenge-and-unity-friends-with.html I encourage you to stop by her blog and see what she has been up to. She is extremely talented. I got so excited about this card. I had to make it right away.

I will be entering this card in the following challenge
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-for-nov-26-dec-2-2015-is-anything-goes


I embossed my 4" x 5 1/4" card stock with the "Cloud" embossing folder by Darice. 
I added some color using Broken China Tim Holtz Distress Ink and a mini blender.
I used the Something to Celebrate Cricut Cartridge to cut out a cloud at the #3 size setting and then used the same ink and method to add color to the cloud.
The Sentiment is from a Stampendous set. I used Blueberry embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle and my heat gun to give the front of the card more detail.
The front of the card was adhered to a bottom opening A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
The tissue box is made from a piece of paper 3" x 5". You need to score it along the 5" side at 1", 
2 1/2", and 3 1/2". 
I used a small oval template by Fiskars to cut my opening for the top of the tissue box. You need to make this cut between the 1" and 2 1/2" score marks.
You will glue the 1" side to the top of the inside of your card and the 3 1/2" side to the bottom of the inside of your card. 
I folded the tissue accordion style and slid it in from the side with a tip popping out the top of the tissue box opening.
The Get Well Sentiment is from the Hero Arts Thinking of you set.

Isn't this just adorable? I can't wait to give this card to a loved one when they are sick. I hope you get a chance to make a card like this. It's not a card the recipient can say they have ever received before. Please take a minute and leave a comment in the box below. I love reading them! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm more than happy to help. Have a Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment