Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Heard it Through the Grapevine

Hi Everyone! I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving already. Where has the time gone? Are you ready for all the festivities? I know I'm not quite ready. We did the last minute grocery shopping this afternoon. My very Best friend's Birthday is Saturday and I just now finished her card. I thought I would share it with you. I used a masking technique on the card for today. Here's the card.


This card is being entered in the ATSM Make Your Mark Challenge #172
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.de/2015/11/challenge-172-make-your-mark-winners.html

  • I used the Aged to Perfection Stamp Set by Fiskars. I found this set at Joann Fabrics,
  • I used water color paper cut to 4" x 5 1/4" to do my stamping and water coloring.
  • I cut a piece of burgundy card stock and adhered it to my A2 card front (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
  • I had to play with my layout design for a bit in order to decide what I needed to make masks for.
  • When it was time to start my stamping I stamped the cutting board, the cheese and the grape leaf on a piece of white scrap paper. These will be the masks that I will use so I fussy cut the pieces.
  • In order to make the board appear under the cheese I had to stamp the cheese and the grape leaf first. I then placed the pieces I cut out over both Items and then I stamped the board.
  • After the board was stamped I placed the mask piece over it and stamped the wine glass.
  • Once all the stamping was completed I removed the mask pieces and started my water coloring.
  • I added color to the lettering of the sentiment so it blended in a bit and added some clear Jems to the card front.
The masking technique is actually pretty easy to do. I was pleasantly surprised. I hope this gives you some different ideas for some of the projects you have coming up. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Just leave them in the comment box below. I am more than happy to help. I read all the comments you leave and appreciate them so much, so don't forget to leave me your comments before you go. I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment