Thursday, November 26, 2015

The story of the Turkey....

As I am sitting here this Thanksgiving Day I can't help but reminisce of the past and all the Thanksgiving Days as a child. We would visit all of the important people in our lives and celebrate them. Here I am an adult with three grown children, 3 in-law children, 7 grandchildren and friends that stick with me through thick and thin. Well, the Thankfulness I feel is over flowing. I may not be in the best of health but what more can someone ask for? Do you feel the thankfulness at this time of year? I know that other countries don't have the same Holiday's but Christmas is around the corner and these same feelings will flood over me then, too. I was so happy that one of our sister-in-laws decided to host the Thanksgiving meal for the Family today. I made her a card with one of the new stamps I bought. I designed this card for her.


This card will be entered in:

Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-for-nov-26-dec-2-2015-is-anything-goes

The Addicted To Stamps and More Make Your Mark Challenge
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.de/2015/11/challenge-172-make-your-mark-winners.html

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
  • So for today's card I started out with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of water color paper and the Part of the Story Stamp from Unity Stamp Company. Once I decided my layout I was able to stamp my set and leave it to dry.
  • I found a fall themed paper and cut it to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
  • I water painted the stamps using Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I used the following colors to paint the woman and background.:
The Skirt: Faded Jeans
The Jacket: Tea Dye and Gathered Twigs
The Blouse: Weathered Wood
The Skin: Dried Marigold
The Finger Nails, Watch, Bracelet and Buttons: Barn Door
The Book: Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone
The Hair: Mustard seed, Scattered Straw,Vintage Photo with a touch of black
The Background and sentiment: Antique Linen


  • After everything was dry I took a fine tip pen and wrote "Recipe" on the binder of the book. 
  • I stamped my sentiment onto the card front.
  • The water color paper was adhered to the background.
  • The "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment was first distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I cut a piece of the background thinner than the sentiment piece and adhered it to the back .
  • I felt like the card needed dimension so I used foam tape to adhere it to the card front.
  • I added some Jems and brad before I adhered it to the card front. 
  • All that was left was a Mafia bow and the card was finished.
It was so rewarding to watch my sister-in-laws face brighten when she opened the card. Spending time with the Family and seeing everyone SO happy was amazing! The sense of peace in this world of chaos was overwhelming. This will give me the ability to tackle anything for another year. I hope that this finds everyone well. Take time to appreciate the people in your lives and the good fortune you all have experienced this last year. Please leave your questions and comments in the box below. I read and appreciate each and everyone. Peace be with you all. Have a blessed week! Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment