Sunday, November 22, 2015

Its a Bright Birthday DT

Hi everyone! Have you found time to craft this weekend? I have managed to do a little bit of crafting. We have a big Football game this afternoon with our rival team. We are play at home today and everyone is excited about it. Our family will be getting together this afternoon to watch it at my Sister-in-law's. Does your family get together for sport events? It's always fun to spend time with the family no matter what the reason. Today I made a Birthday card to celebrate my Granddaughters Birthday. She was born a week before Christmas and we try to make sure and make it special for her. It will be a fun celebration of life. Well, here's my card.


I will be posting this card in the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #171
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.de/2015/11/challenge-171-anything-goes-winners.html


  • I started this card with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of water color paper. 
  • I used removable glue dots to adhere the paper to my work surface. 
  • I wet the entire paper with  water. I used a wide water color brush.
  • To do the background I used Salty Ocean, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, and Peeled Paint Tim Holtz Distress Ink.
  • I dabbed the ink onto my mat and with a damp brush I picked up the colors and brushed it across the paper.
  • I picked the paper up and tipped it around so the colors would run together and then I sprinkled table salt onto the entire paper.
  • After the paper dried I ran the paper with the word Happy Die through my Big Kick. I also used the Happy Die in a coordinating green card stock.
  • I adhered my background onto the card and placed the green Happy into the cut out and then placed all the cutout pieces from the background back into the loops of the word.
  • I used a Label Die from Sizzix with a pink card stock and placed it onto the background with foam dots. 
  • The Birthday sentiment is stamped on a small piece of velum and adhered with a dot of glue under the heart and flower.
  • I scattered flowers, a butterfly and things around the card to finish it off.
The water color technique I did on the background is versatile and very pretty when its done. The salt mixes in and leaves a unique effect on the background. I encourage you to try this technique. Its fun to see the inks, water and salt work together. Please remember to leave a comment in the box below. I read everyone of them and cherish them so much. Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to subscribe. have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment