Sunday, November 8, 2015

Take Time for the Important People in Your Life...

What a beautiful Fall Day! I spent yesterday with a friend I haven't seen for a while. We had a great time catching up and just hanging out. Life gets SO busy sometimes and connecting with those who are important to you seems to get put on the back burner. Do you find the same thing happens in your life, too? I'm planning to connect with friends and family at least once a week during the Holiday's. What are you doing this Holiday season? Are you planning on seeing family and friends that are important in your life? How are you planning on reaching out to them? One of the ways I'm planning to reach out is by making a card for each person and including a hand written letter. I will then be following up with a phone call and asking them to coffee, or some kind of outing. We have ton's of free events going on in our area for the Holiday's. Wouldn't it be fun to ask family, or friends, to attend one of the outings? I'm going to make an effort to ask people who can't get out by themselves. I hope that all of you can do the same. We all have people in our lives that can't get out by themselves and the events pass them by. Here is one of the cards I've made. I know it will brighten her day and open the door to a great time together.



  • This card was quick and easy to make. I started by stamping, coloring and fussy cutting my penguin out of card stock.
  • I used the Hillside Die cut from Simon Says Stamps to cut the arch out of red card stock. The red card stock is 4" x 5 1/4".
  • I adhered the card stock to the front of my card along with the penguin. The embellishment was from an old set I had in my stash.
  • The word "JOY" was made using my Cricut and the Jasmine cartridge. The  letter size was set at 1 3/4.
  • After I adhered "JOY" to the card I added some red jems. 
The card is simple but cute and the person I'm sending it to LOVES penguin's. I know this will bring a smile to her face. I know that everyone's schedules get crammed full of commitments during the Holiday Season but there is nothing more important than touching a loved one's life. I hope that all of you get time to follow me in this.
As always I love and appreciate all of your comments so please remember to leave a comment below. I would enjoy hearing how you will be reaching out to Family and Friends this Season. ~ Hugs ~


No comments:

Post a Comment