Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Holiday way to say Thank you

Hello everyone! I try to include the feel of the season's into my cards. This card is no different. I wanted a Thank you card that was elegant and had a Holiday feel to it so I went with the tried and true white and red theme. I wanted this to be a little different so here is what I did.



  • The top portion of the card is white card stock I ran through my Big Shot using a Darice Dot embossing folder.
  • Then I found a red card stock I liked and used my Heidi Swapp Thank You Die and ran it through the Big Shot.
  • In order to do the inlay I had to use the Thank you Die, a dryer sheet and the same white card stock I used on the dotted piece.
  • When sandwiching this together you will lay the dryer sheet down, then the card stock and then the Die. The dryer sheet will assist you in keeping the tiny white pieces for later.
  • The card needed a little bit more color so I used the Hill Die from Simon Says Stamps and cut the dotted card stock, the white Thank you piece and the same red I used for the sentiment.
  • I then placed the Hill Die on the red edge and ran it through my Big Shot again in order to get the strip I needed. It was fun to do this and just for a bit of creativity I made it slightly wider on the left than the right.
  • Now for piecing it all together. I adhered the white piece with the sentiment to my card front. Then I adhered the red arch and the dotted piece above that.
  • Now it was time to do the inlay. I placed a few dots of my favorite glue down and then put the red thank you into the white cut out on the card front. 
  • Remember the dryer sheet with the cut out on it? The white pieces inside the loops of the Y, O H and A need to be glued in place on the card front.
  • The snow flake was added for a seasonal touch.
This card was fun! I've never done an inlay before and I LOVE the results! This is definitely a technique I will do again. The look of the card is so pretty. I encourage you to try this. I appreciate all of your input and hope that you leave me a comment or any questions you may have below. I hope you have a blessed day. Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment