Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Baby It's Cold Outside!

How are all of you doing? The weather is changing here and I didn't sleep well. While I laid in bed last night, praying for sleep, my mind was running a marathon of thoughts. Do you ever do that? I should've got up and just came to my craft room....I started getting excited about the idea's I had and sleep escaped me even  more. I LOVE the exhilaration no matter when it comes! Don't you? I found myself rushing through my shower so I could get in here and start putting things together...Hahaha My happy place...I LOVE it in here!

So, I got started on water painting a Bird stamp I bought from Unity Stamp Company. Have you ever checked out their stamps? They have such beautiful stuff and I find it easy to create with them. Here is my card. I went a head and took the picture with a background instead of my messy desk :)




  • This card was very easy to do. I used the Own Wings stamp from Unity Stamp Company. I stamped it with Black dye based ink onto water color paper.
  • I water color painted the bird using Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I used the markers to color the branch, hat and scarf.
  • I cut the paining out using the Regal Label Die from Sizzix.
  • I used red button shaped brads to attach it to green card stock cut 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The bow was glued under the label and the sentiment was glued under the branch.
This was a fun card to make and went together quick. I'm not happy with the clouds but now I know not to do them that way next time...lol I want to thank you for stopping by and checking out my card. Make sure to leave a comment or any idea's you might have. I really appreciate your comments. Oh, let me know a better way to do the clouds. It would be helpful to me to find a better way to do them. Thank you and have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment