Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hi Everyone I hope all of you had a fun and safe Halloween. I had a birthday party to go to yesterday and of course I had to dress up! I had a lot fun! There weren't as many trick or treater's at our door this year :( I always enjoy seeing the costumes and the smiles the children have on their little faces! Here's my costume. The kids had a lot of fun with this as did I.

I would love to see what your costumes were so please feel free to add your photo's in the comment section below. Well, should we get to the card I made? I made this for the Jennifer McGuire kindness campaign. This is a spin off from something I saw Jennifer McGuire do a video on not to long ago. I found the card to be so pretty I had to try it.





  1. I started with an embossing folder from The Paper Studio. I love Embossing folders! The uses are unlimited. A background stamp might work a little better but I don't have backgrounds stamps at this time.
  2. I stamped the raised side of the folder with Perfect medium from Ranger and then I placed a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card stock on top and gently rubbed the paper to transfer the medium onto it. This can be tricky. You have to make sure you don't slip the paper around.
  3. I then used white embossing powder and heat set it (When Jennifer did her card she used white ink.)
  4. I used the Jumbo Stripes from Simon Says Stamps and used Fuchsia, Buttercup, Seafoam and Hydrangea chalking ink from Powderpuff. I guess we have to learn from trying right? I see now that I should've used a different ink. Chalk ink dries so fast and I had to re-stamp several times to get the coverage I wanted.
  5. Anyway, moving on....when I finally got the ink the way I wanted it I cut the paper between two of the stamped lines and added craft foam to the back. This gave me a chance to set back the sentiment. craft foam is cheaper then foam tape and gives you the same result. This is another trick I learned from Jennifer McGuire :) 
  6. The sentiment is from the Happy Messages clear stamp set from Stampendous. I used a dye ink and it has a bit of a distressed look to it.
  7. After that I just adhered the stripes onto the card and trimmed them down to cover the front of the card.
This is a very easy card to make and I just loved the one Jennifer McGuire did and I had to try it. I hope you like the card! Please leave a comment below to let me know what you think. Don't forget to post your photo's in the comments, too! I love to see what everyone is making. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment