Thursday, November 5, 2015

Santa's Button's

Hi everyone! How's it going? I had a trip to the craft store and look what I found. As soon as I saw this Santa Suit I knew I had to have it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but it came to me in the middle of the night. My Granddaughter is going to love this card. She is 4 1/2 yrs. old and loves when I send her cards. I try to keep them simple so her little sister, who's almost 2 yrs old, can't get hurt if she gets a hold of it. I send cards to her also but I try to keep them a one layer card. It's so much fun bringing smiles to their little faces! Do you send cards to small children in your life? Do you keep the design simple also? I would love to see what you do for them! Here's what I did.


  • I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot and applied it to a Darice Embossing folder and then ran it through my Big Shot. I just love this technique! The results always impress me and can really add a cool texture to a card.
  • I cut the pieece down to 3 3/4" x 5" and adhered it to a piece of black card stock cut to 4" x 5 1/4"
  • After I glued my pieces down I added it to a A2 size card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). 
  • Then it was time to decide how I wanted to place the coat. I used a glue that has a really strong hold once it dries. It's one of my favorite glues. It's made by Lake City Craft Company and I use it for a lot of my crafting.
  • I have been saving this sentiment for my granddaughters card and I was SO excited to be able to use it. Santa's hat had to hang from the edge. It was so obvious to me it belonged there. 
That finished off the card and I think it turned out rather cute. I just know she will enjoy this card and it will be on her dresser even after the Holiday's are over. I love hearing your comments and idea's so please let me know what your thinking and how you make cards for the little ones in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment